Capel Philadelphia (Union of Welsh Independents)
Nantycaws, Caerfyrddin, Sir Gaerfyrddin, West Wales,
Rev. Iwan V Evans - 01554 770520
Philadelphia chapel in the
community of Nantycaws is one of 450 independent chapels belonging to the
Union of Welsh Independents. Nearly all the chapels operate through the medium
of Welsh. The first independent chapel was founded in Llanfaches in 1639
chapel is named after the city of Philadelphia on Asia Minor(modern Turkey)
that is referred to in the New Testament. Philadelphia chapel was built in 1809
and was the first chapel to be established in the parish of Llangunnor.
building was renovated in 1841 and the present chapel was erected in 1931.
To mark the 200th anniversary of the founding of the chapel a detailed history
of the chapel was published by members of the congregation.
Sunday 14.00 pm